A Conscious Choice
Recent projects I’ve undertaken have required a great deal of understanding cause and effect, planning, workflow, processes and putting to work LEAN. I searched what it means to be a “detail person.” Continue reading “Do You Prefer Cause or Effect?”
What does God promise you?
The Church beautifully offers daily readings, if you read the daily readings, over 3 years you read the entire Bible. In today’s readings, Saul’s faithfulness is rewarded not with profit, prosperous success, health, wealth, and security; no, today we read about the end of his life.
The promise of profit, prosperous, success, health, wealth, and security isn’t what Saul receives in the end. Being chosen, having God’s promise of life, belongs entirely to God. It is not for your benefit that he gave you life, it is for Continue reading “God’s Work”
Great Linkedin article on top 50.
Why this list of companies is better than other lists of upcoming companies? Because the data Linkedin has available makes for a more clear sense of reality. At least, that’s what they say.
I’m building the office back-room for a Start-up on my current project and I’ve done Start-ups before. It’s fun to see what’s possible.
My favorite companies and their industry disruption:
– Aryaka Networks, your Verizon and Comcast bills will go down.
– Pinterest, gone hightech is tackling machine learning and AI. I didn’t see that coming.
– GRAIL, Bio-technology with $1 Billion of Bill Gates’ money, that has to be on the list.
– CourseRA, providing education to get underemployed back in the game. Nice.
– Uptake, using sensor data to make decisions, this is coming age of internet connectivity, everything and everyone will be connected.
– Wish, direct access to product manufacturers (many in China), if Americans are the low cost consumers they’ve proven to be this will do well.
There were no healthcare disrupters, hmmmmm.
What companies are your favorite?
Can we stop the nonsense about how to solve violence in the workplace?
Violence is a symptom of an American Culture that has been shaped by the momentum of the decades of the last century. Today, you might find yourself the victim of violence at work, home or in public. Do you avoid someone in the halls, elevators or public and work areas? Is the fashionably decorated workplace a disguise for a dark place where frustration, bullying, stress, expectations of doing more with less, nothing but rushing and hurrying, anger, exist instead of peace and joy and celebrating a job well done together?
There are many reasons for violence in the workplace but in this post, I’d like to make one comparison, what if we compare to an extreme opposite of violence in the workplace. Continue reading “Consumed by Money, Sex and Power?”