Business owners are a breed of Americans that exemplify the American spirit. No two owners troubles or successes are the same but the spirit of their ingenuity, creativity is the same. We believe these crafty people want better for America and if we can do our small part to help them by helping their employees then we’re all in.
Recent projects I’ve undertaken have required a great deal of understanding cause and effect, planning, workflow, processes and putting to work LEAN. I searched what it means to be a “detail person.” Continue reading “Do You Prefer Cause or Effect?”
The Church beautifully offers daily readings, if you read the daily readings, over 3 years you read the entire Bible. In today’s readings, Saul’s faithfulness is rewarded not with profit, prosperous success, health, wealth, and security; no, today we read about the end of his life.
The promise of profit, prosperous, success, health, wealth, and security isn’t what Saul receives in the end. Being chosen, having God’s promise of life, belongs entirely to God. It is not for your benefit that he gave you life, it is for Continue reading “God’s Work”
My favorite companies and their industry disruption:
– Aryaka Networks, your Verizon and Comcast bills will go down.
– Pinterest, gone hightech is tackling machine learning and AI. I didn’t see that coming.
– GRAIL, Bio-technology with $1 Billion of Bill Gates’ money, that has to be on the list.
– CourseRA, providing education to get underemployed back in the game. Nice.
– Uptake, using sensor data to make decisions, this is coming age of internet connectivity, everything and everyone will be connected.
– Wish, direct access to product manufacturers (many in China), if Americans are the low cost consumers they’ve proven to be this will do well.
Nice meditation on Halloween, thank you, father, for your thoughts. Read the quote below and watch video.
I like especially that we all wear our masks.
“Today, to live the true self that God has created us to be with all the potential that each one of us has. To take off our masks and to let the glory of God shine forth in us. That’s what this day is about and it’s
Halloween All Hallows Eve the day before All Saints Day.
So, let’s take off our masks so that we can let God’s light shine through us so that tomorrow we can celebrate the Feast were called to be the feast of All Saints.”
The video starts at 1:28, you can rewind to get the entire message.
What do you think?
Don’t you think our homes, workplaces, and communities could use Saints? Are you working on being a Saint? Are you teaching your children to be Saints?