Anyone who knows me knows I love Jesus and his Church, the bride of Christ. The original article, the one true Church.
But, the crazy things people do in the world can also be found in the Church and the repeat scandal in the Church, sadly, reflects the moral changes in our culture. No surprise then, if we rid the Church of the evil that’s come into the church, we stand a chance of influencing the culture to do the same. If the Church can’t, or won’t change, then the culture will continue to devour the lives we love; our marriages, families, children, and grand-children. Continue reading “Holy Mother Church is Suffering”
ONE – Readings
A man’s conscience,
formed when he’s young, belongs either to God or to the World. That is, an adult man serves money, fame, power, and honor or serves God and others. And more, that same man, if found to be a father of children will teach his children what he learned when he formed his conscience. He will teach his children the Godly way or the worldly way. Continue reading “Daily Dose 3-17-18”
Merry Christmas! Jesus’ birth more than 2,000 years ago is both divine and historical. So many faith traditions point to this, a special day. Let his grace and peace reign in your heart, at home, at work, and in public. Go spread the joy.
The Birth of Jesus. *18 Now this is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about. When his mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, * but before they lived together, she was found with child through the holy Spirit. 19 Joseph her husband, since he was a righteous man, * yet unwilling to expose her to shame, decided to divorce her quietly. Continue reading “Three Stories of Jesus’ Birth”
“I Love You” – God
God’s message to you about what he wants for you.
Contemplate what this world offers compared to what God offers.
Most of the proceeds after Apple costs will be donated to charity and good, so gift the book to those who need God’s Love.
Where can I GET THE BOOK?
In digital form, it is sold on Apple iBooks only. Future releases may be available in other digital formats plus a stunning print format if there’s interest from readers.
The Apple direct link should help you find the book quickly: https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/book/i-love-you/id1225448882?mt=11
How Can customers gift this book?
In iBooks on your Mac, click the arrow next to the Buy button and choose Gift. On iOS devices such as iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, tap the sharing arrow, then tap Gift.
May God’s peace and joy be with you in this Lenten season.
Encouraging Fathers and Sons in their relationship with God is a worthy endeavor. At St Joseph Church and School, a program offered to Fathers and Sons provided simple truths of faith, family, marriage and work. We compared what God offers us and what the world offers.
Father’s gave their Sons the gift of faith in a real concrete way. We provided Fathers and Sons Trusted Resources, listed below.
Sites I Visit That Foster A Habit of Daily Prayer:
- Irish Jesuits, daily prayer site, http://www.sacredspace.ie/daily-prayer
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops for Daily Readings and short video meditation: http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/111316.cfm
- Meditation – Don Schwager: http://www.rc.net/wcc/readings/nov10.htm
- Saint of the day: https://www.franciscanmedia.org/source/saint-of-the-day/
Where to find a Mass, Confession, Adoration near you:
Catholic Resources Loyal To The Magisterium:
- Archdiocese of Detroit, www.AOD.org
- St. Joseph Lake Orion: http://stjosephlakeorion.org/
- Vatican, Rome, Italy, www.Vatican.va
- Vatican – Catechism: http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/ccc_toc.htm
- EWTN Global Catholic Network: http://www.ewtnnews.com/
- EWTN http://ewtn.org/
- Read the Bible, Books, of the “New American Bible, Revised Edition” (NABRE), http://www.usccb.org/bible/books-of-the-bible/index.cfm
- Liturgy of the Hours (hourly prayers): http://www.universalis.com
- Catholic answers, lots of live content: www.catholic.com
- Dynamic Catholic, Cincinnati: Website, Sign up for Daily emails.
- Decision Point, videos for Confirmation Students
- Michigan Catholic Weekly paper: http://www.themichigancatholic.org/
- Saint quotes: http://saintquotes.tumblr.com/
- Saint quotes (more): http://saintquotes.blogspot.com/2009/05/quotes-101-200.html
- Ave Maria Radio: https://avemariaradio.net/
- Catholic radio on the web: https://play.google.com/music/listen?gclid=CInU-vTMkMkCFSpnMgodHwAC6w&gclsrc=ds&u=0#/wst/st/e77d31d4-b4b4-3211-a427-0ef9fc200046
- Awaken Ministries, Detroit: http://awakenministry.org/podcasts.html
- BraveHearts, Lake Orion: http://stjosephlakeorion.org/bravehearts
- Invictus Christus, Macomb: https://www.facebook.com/groups/estovirofcyrils/
- Sacred Heart Major Seminary, Detroit: https://www.facebook.com/shmsdetroit/?fref=ts
- Bishop Robert Baron, Los Angeles: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcMjLgeWNwqL2LBGS-iPb1A
- Fr. John Ricardo, Plymouth: http://frjohnriccardo.libsyn.com/
- The fullness of the Catholic Faith, Riccardo and Peter Kreeft: http://parishbulletin.com/Organizations/3208/Documents/Syllabus_Riccardo_Kreeft.htm#FAITH
- Church of the Nativity: https://vimeo.com/channels/weekendmessage
- Steve wood: www.Dads.org
- St. Andrews covenant keepers (see Don, no website))
- Orthodox Catholic, Russia: http://www.pravoslavie.ru/english/
Catholic or Christian Organizations Worth Considering:
Wonderfully Catholic Web Posts: